Team Buckeye Student Rider Registration Guidelines - 2013
Team Buckeye Student Riders (BSR) is an official student organization of The Ohio State University and is open to all students according to the established guidelines for student organizations. Team Buckeye Student Riders participating in Pelotonia are members of Team Buckeye, Ohio State's super-peloton, and will receive benefits uniquely established for Ohio State students including lower fundraising minimums and a reduced registration fee.
These instructions apply to NEW Team Buckeye Student Riders ONLY. If you are an ALUMNI (returning) Team Buckeye Student Rider, please click here.
If you are NOT a student rider, please go to Pelotonia to complete your registration.
- All students of The Ohio State University are eligible to participate in Pelotonia as a member of Team Buckeye Student Riders (BSR) including individuals registered as full-time or part-time undergraduate, graduate or professional students.
- Student ID numbers will be used to confirm enrollment and ensure eligibility to participate as a member of BSR.
- All students must initiate registration for Pelotonia through the procedure provided below.
- Students wishing to ride in Pelotonia 13 will register as a Rider and will select a route/fundraising commitment as indicated in the registration information.
- Students must agree to all of the terms of the Fundraising and Participation Agreement in order to register. Please note that by agreeing to the Fundraising and Participation Agreement, a student is committing to raise at least the minimum amount required for the route s/he chooses.
- Students should advise their parents or guardian that they have agreed to the terms of the Fundraising and Participation Agreement.
- Each student must pay a registration fee of $25 with a valid credit card. The $25 registration fee does not count towards fundraising and is non-refundable in the event a rider withdraws from the ride or converts to Virtual Rider status.
To register as a member of Team Buckeye Student Riders, please follow the following steps:
- CLICK THIS LINK ONLY: New Rider Registration.
- Create a Pelotonia username and password and click "Go".
- Enter your personal information in the required fields.
- Select the route and minimum commitment level desired and complete all information requested.
- In the Company field, enter Ohio State University; in the Occupation field, enter Student.
- Credit Card information - you should see, in red text, Applying a discount of $75 directly underneath the Card CVV Number field.
- if you do not see this, STOP and restart the registration process
- Agree to the terms of the Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk.
- Agree to the terms of the Fundraising Agreement and Cancellation Policy.
- Click the green Confirm button.
- Your profile page will indicate the commitment level of a non-student rider (example: 25 mile route - $1200). Disregard the higher commitment level.
- Create your profile page and start fundraising!
- If you would like to participate with a specific BSR peloton, please email your Pelotonia Rider ID, and team name, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BSR members have the same fundraising time frame provided to all other Pelotonia Riders and will be able to continue raising funds after the ride (August 9-11, 2013) until fundraising concludes on October 11, 2013. No extensions are allowed.
- The credit card will be kept on file to cover any difference between the minimum fundraising commitment that the student selected and the actual funds raised by the student at the end of the fundraising cycle, if any. See Rider Options for important dates and more information.
- If a student has not met his/her minimum fundraising commitment by the fundraising deadline, his/her credit card on file will be charged for the difference.
- Minimum fundraising commitment levels for BSR members are as follows:
- 25 mile route = $650 commitment + $25 registration fee
- 50 mile route = $700 commitment + $25 registration fee
- 75 mile route = $850 commitment + $25 registration fee
- 100 mile route = $850 commitment + $25 registration fee
- 155 mile route = $975 commitment + $25 registration fee
- 180 mile route = $975 commitment + $25 registration fee
- Members of BSR pelotons can only share excess funds with other members of their specific BSR peloton. Team funds raised by a specific BSR peloton can only be shared with its team members who are short of commitment levels.
- All BSR members are individually responsible for the minimum fundraising commitment level they select for the ride. No BSR member should assume that there will be extra funds to share or that they will be entitled to receive shared funds. Peloton captains make all decisions regarding fund-sharing and are entitled to decide that a BSR member is not entitled to receive shared funds.
- BSR members have the option of (a) increasing their ride length and fundraising commitment level; (b) decreasing their ride length and fundraising commitment level; or (c) converting to Virtual Rider status by 11:59pm, Tuesday, July 9, 2013. These options are identical to those provided to all other Pelotonia riders.
- After July 10, 2013, BSR members may only INCREASE their ride length and fundraising commitment level. BSR members are responsible for the fundraising commitment level they have selected as of July 10, 2013, unless they increase their commitment thereafter, in which case they are responsible for the increased fundraising commitment.
- Students wishing to register as a Virtual Rider or Volunteer will select that option when prompted in the registration process. Virtual Riders and Volunteers can be included in a BSR peloton, and can raise funds.
- All BSR pelotons must have a minimum of 5 members consisting of Riders, Virtual Riders and Volunteers. A peloton cannot be started until there are 5 registered members to add to the peloton.
- All Student Pelotons will be identified with the BSR prefix. Examples: BSR Fisher College; BSR College of Medicine; BSR Delta Gamma; BSR College of Veterinary Medicine, etc.